Poppy Parker in Swinging London: Part One

This year's Poppy collection is being split into two waves. For the 'gotta have everything' collectors, this lets them have some time to save up for a second wave of dolls...or rather stretches out their torturous wait for months and then drops the first wave right before the convention followed by the second wave right after convention in time for the holidays. Because really...does my actually NEED more toys for Christmas? I mean priorities, right?

I had high expectations for this line and I like some of it, but happily, I did not NEED most of it. I am currently really pleased with the dolls that I have already and the Industry dolls are doing a land grab on Poppy territory in the wild wild west know as Detolf. I also don't have the room to expand and none of these make me want to replace one of the versions that I already own. Honestly, these dolls really did not have a chance when compared to the utter perfection of Big Eyes and Kicks! That being said, I still pre-ordered two for the fashions because I am weak of will.  More deep wisdom is dropped below...

Item # PP116
Sign of the Times
Poppy Parker™ 2 Doll Gift Set
The Swinging London Collection
Edition Size: 825
Estimated Delivery: Mid to Late-Summer 2017
Suggested Retail Price: $180.00 US
Head Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Body: Poppy 1.5 (Body disassembles & features newly improved joint stability)
Foot Sculpt: Traditional Poppy feet w/ articulated ankles
Skin Tone: FR White
Hair Color: Brunette (Doll No.1) & Platinum Blonde (Doll No.2)
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No

I love the new collage doll images! Very cool. So I ordered this set. I like the blonde and her fashion will be swell on my Out of This World Poppy! I will decide whether she will stay or go when I see her in person. I still have the stunning Big Eyes Poppy from Convention and I feel like these two are a bit too similar...and Big Eyes is waaaay better.  I think the polka dot fashion will mix and match in fun ways with previous outfits. Also...LOOK AT THAT RING. I love it. I don't need this doll though and she will get booted nude for sure. The price point on this two doll set makes this a deal that I could not pass up. Most Poppy dolls resell nude for at least $60 and often as much as $125. So yeah...its a way better deal to just buy the set and sell off the parts that you don't want. 


Item # PP113
Glad All Over
Poppy Parker™ Gift Set
The Swinging London Collection
Edition Size: 725
Estimated Delivery: Mid to Late-Summer 2017
Suggested Retail Price: $160.00 US

Head Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Body: Poppy 1.5 (Body disassembles and features newly improved joint stability)
Foot Sculpt: Traditional Poppy feet with articulated ankles
Skin Tone: FR White
Hair Color: Blonde
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied

Quickswitch: No

Again, I ordered this set for the adorable fashions. That floral dress and belt in particular are super cute. I think these outfits will work great on the Industry dolls too! I think I will likely sell the doll nude. She is cute but, as I said, there is no more room at the inn.


Item # PP117
Sunny Slickers
Poppy Parker™ Dressed Doll
The Swinging London Collection
Edition Size: 725
Estimated Delivery: Mid to Late-Summer 2017
Suggested Retail Price: $130.00 US
Head Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Body: Poppy 1.5 (Body disassembles and features newly improved joint stability)
Foot Sculpt: Traditional Poppy feet with articulated ankles
Skin Tone: FR Black
Hair Color: Brunette Mix
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No

Cute doll and an adorable little outfit. I am currently skipping her but might try to score the fashion loose later on. Glad to see the Coven umbrella is getting reused for other dolls. Maybe we will see a fashionista Mary Poppins from this year's convention?

I would have loved the see this doll with the short hair from Big Eyes.

Item # PP120
Downtown
Poppy Parker™ Dressed Doll
The Swinging London Collection
Edition Size: 725
Estimated Delivery: Mid to Late-Summer 2017
Suggested Retail Price: $130.00 US
Head Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Body: Poppy 1.5 (Body disassembles and features newly improved joint stability)
Foot Sculpt: Traditional Poppy feet with articulated ankles
Skin Tone: FR White
Hair Color: Light Auburn
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No 

I like the doll but not really the outfit. It is cute but just not really my thing'


Item # PP115
Welcome to Misty Hollows
Poppy Parker™ Dressed Doll
The Swinging London Collection
IT DIRECT EVENT EXCLUSIVE
Edition Size: TBA
Estimated Delivery: Late Summer 2017
Suggested Retail Price: $130.00 US
Head Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Body: Poppy 1.5 (Body disassembles and features newly improved joint stability)
Foot Sculpt: Traditional Poppy feet with articulated ankles
Skin Tone: Japan
Hair Color: Silver Blond
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No
This little "Dark Shadows" Poppy is darn cute with nice screening and pretty hair. Again I already have Out of this World Poppy with the silver hair and frosty pale lips...so I think I can safely skip her, The candle is a nice touch. I am really missing all the fun little paper props in this wave. For example, a little signed tv script would have been super cute here. And Downtown Poppy could have had a London Underground map! Still this is a cutey doll but I can't help but think I could just get a loose Spooky Sookie Dynamite Girl fashion for way less and make my own version. This is a Club Direct Exclusive so she might end up being an epic edition size.  All of the dolls seem to have larger editions this go around. It will be interesting to see what happens with this wave concept. 

I am truly bummed that we did not see packaging images AND that we did not get a festive carry case/wardrobe playset a la the Jem Backstagers. Maybe in wave two or for the club doll? And where are the friends? I was hoping for at least one new pal? But I guess the friends in the Poppy Line have been fairly hit or miss. I'd love to see maybe Dynamite Tooka get reincarnated as a Poppy pal.

Anyway, there ya have it. I have a bunch of London tourist t-shirts that fit Poppy coming soon in my etsy store. They will be super cute on these gals. I am also inspired to sew a bunch of mini-dresses for Poppy and finally debox Big Eyes and Kicks! I had been waiting to see if I would end up liking one of these better since both of those dolls are now fetching the price of a small island on eBay. But they are just too good to let go.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!